Leader: Colleen Grzywacz
The Midwives of New Jersey are committed to providing opportunities for women to connect and learn. Our Monthly Wellness Workshop is a place where mother’s from all walks of life can meet like-minded women, engage in interesting topics in holistic healthcare, and motherhood while learning from key speakers.
When: We meet on the 3rd Saturday of every month @ 10AM
Who: Expecting moms, new moms, experienced moms, kids & friends
Where: The Women’s Wellness Classroom at Patriot’s Plaza [directions]
To join or to receive monthly topic, send us an email:
firstname.lastname@example.org for Hackettstown email@example.com for Madison
What have we been talking about?
- Attachment Parenting with Kelly DiNorcia, leader of Attachment Parenting International, facilitated a discussion on parenting goals and parenting struggles. She explained what attachment parenting means and provided parenting strategies that help build a child’s security and independence. To learn more about Attachment Parenting, take a look at the additional resources Kelly provided during our meeting.
Attachment Parenting: What Is Attachment Parenting? (PDF)
Attachment Parenting: Recommended Reading (PDF)
- Infant massage with Ayana DaSilva taught us how to massage our baby’s feet, legs, and tummies to help alleviate gas and constipation. This is a great way for moms learn to communicate with their babies through loving touch.
- Babywearing and cloth diapering with Sara Moore from Ju-Ju Monkey. Check out Ju-Ju Monkey online at www.ju-jumonkey.com.
- Local food and farming with Kendrya Close, Director of the Foodshed Alliance. To learn more about the Foodshed Alliance, check out their websites at www.foodshedalliance.org and www.njlocalfood.com.
- Cesarean awareness with Lakeisha M. Dennis a chapter leader from the International Cesarean Awareness Network (ICAN) and Sonora Davis, a Hudson Perinatal Community Doula. For more information on cesarean awareness and VBAC support in New Jersey, please visit www.icanofnj.com.
- Raising Healthy Children (PDF) with Nurse Practitioner, Elaine Hardy, MS, RN, APN, C. To learn more about Elaine and her practice, Holistic Family Healthcare, please visit her website at www.holisticfamilyhealthcarepc.com.
- Maximizing brain function in children and boosting their immune system [hyperlink to PDF of powerpoint from meeting] with our in-house chiropractor, Dr. Tami Hartman. To see how chiropractic care may improve you and your family’s overall health and wellbeing, please visit www.hartmanchiropractic.com.
- More Business of Being Born www.thebusinessofbeingborn.com —Ricki Lake’s newest documentary
- Homebirth dads share their experience with expecting families
- Placenta encapsulation with Patrice Landon. Capsules made from your own placenta may reduce the risk of postpartum depression and increase milk supply. If you think placenta encapsulation may be right for you, please talk to your midwife or contact Patrice Landon at (202) 487-8855 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.