Varicose Veins are blue or purple, swollen veins that bulge near the surface of the skin; varicose veins may worsen or appear for the first time during pregnancy. The good news is that they tend to improve after you give birth.
Things to Try:
- Exercise daily to increase circulation
- Use different positions throughout the day to improve circulation
- Elevate legs
- Tailor sit or use a birth ball for sitting
- Circle your ankles several times a day
- Don’t sit or stand for long periods of time – take breaks to move around