Surviving Pregnancy – the Dreaded 1st Trimester
Oh the excitement that follows a positive pregnancy test! A family bubbles over with the anticipation of adding a new baby to their family. But soon after these feelings of joy, the dreaded symptoms of pregnancy set in…nausea, vomiting, headaches, constipation, cramping, heartburn, and insomnia (just to name a few)! While waiting for your first appointment to get some much needed answers, the google searches start… “Surviving Pregnancy without harming a very vulnerable, newly developing fetus!” The online and word of mouth suggestions for how to help remedy pregnancy woes is so vast, from the obvious to the downright crazy! Wouldn’t it be nice if a few simple, natural items could help cure at least some of the discomforts of pregnancy?
Surviving Pregnancy Symptoms Naturally
Fast forward to the day when you finally can see your healthcare provider and ask what is safe and effective for the management of pregnancy symptoms? This very common question is routinely answered with a prescription pad. I would like to suggest something different…perhaps a visit to the health food store or an online holistic marketplace. Not every remedy works for every woman and every symptom but there are some essential tools to help manage an array of pregnancy ailments.
5 Essential Tools for Effectively Surviving Pregnancy:
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Heartburn: Add one or two tablespoons to 8oz of water and drink before meals.
- Hemorrhoids: Soak cotton balls and apply to affected area several times per day.
- Colds: Mix a few tablespoons with hot water, honey, and lemon. Drink several times per day.
- Heartburn: Try some grated ginger added to different foods, in hot water to make a tea or just chew followed by some warm water.
- Nausea: Any type of ginger can help (natural ginger ale, ginger capsules, ginger root, or ginger chews). You can also use ginger essential oil in a diffuser.
- Natural Calm is a powdered magnesium drink that can help with both constipation and insomnia (if taken before bedtime).
- Headaches: Try chelated magnesium 400mg everyday.
- Headaches: Apply peppermint essential oil to each temple as needed.
- Nausea: Try peppermint candies or gum throughout the day.
- When in doubt, try water! Headaches, fatigue, cramping, and swelling can all be helped with increased water intake. (You will still have to pee a lot even if you haven’t increased your water consumption so drink up!)
Be Prepared & Stock Up!
Stocking these five simple, natural products in your home will give you a number of options for treatment of common pregnancy problems. Some of these you may have known about and other might be new. Can’t hurt to try! Find these and other pregnancy support items at our online marketplace: https://www.theessentialmarket.com