Perfectly Designed For Birth
We believe a woman’s body has been perfectly designed for birth and in normal circumstances a baby can be born with minimal medical intervention.
- We believe a mother and child are fearfully and wonderfully made, and should be treated with respect at all times.
- We believe women can be trusted to make the best decisions for themselves and their families when given reliable, non-biased information.
- We believe natural childbirth is a viable option for most women, resulting in a real sense of fulfillment for the mothers and a deep bond with their babies.
- We believe women are strong, capable, powerful and are able to manage the discomfort of labor; they do not need to be “rescued,” rather they need to be supported.
- We believe babies should be born gently into the world and whenever possible, handed directly to their mothers.
- We believe the process of pregnancy and childbirth is a critical part of a woman’s preparation for motherhood.
- We believe we are honored to serve and advocate for women through pregnancy and birth.