Birth is important. Emerging from your birth feeling capable and confident puts you in the ideal position to meet the challenges of motherhood.
The Midwives of New Jersey believe that birth should be empowering whether in the hospital, birth center, or at home. Because we are a client-focused practice, you will find that your office appointments will allow enough time beyond routine prenatal care to address any questions you may have and to allow time for socializing. We are with you throughout your labor and birth. All of our Midwives have a graduate level education and are Certified by the American Midwifery Certification Board. We assist you with the first breastfeeding and check in with you postpartum with phone call and/or home visits. Pregnancy and birth are life changing; make it amazing with the Midwives of New Jersey.
Midwife Philosophy Of Care
We believe a woman’s body has been perfectly designed for birth and in normal circumstances a baby can be born with minimal medical intervention.
- We believe a mother and child are fearfully and wonderfully made, and should be treated with respect at all times.
- We believe women can be trusted to make the best decisions for themselves and their families when given reliable, non-biased information.
- We believe natural childbirth is a viable option for most women, resulting in a real sense of fulfillment for the mother and a deep bond with their babies.
- We believe women are strong, capable, powerful and are able to manage the discomfort of labor; they do not need to be “rescued”, rather they need to be supported.
- We believe babies should be born gently into the world and, whenever possible, handed directly to their mothers.
- We believe the process of pregnancy and childbirth is a critical part of a woman’s preparation for motherhood.
- We believe we are honored to serve and advocate for women through pregnancy and birth.