Massage is a drug-free alternative to pain relief for the expectant, postpartum mother, infant and child. Massage is excellent for relaxation and stress relief, and it has also been found to increase immune function, decrease stress and help alleviate many health conditions.
During your hour-long session, you will indulge in a personalized massage tailored to your current situation. We have specialized equipment for pregnancy massage that allows you to lay comfortably on your stomach.
Mom Baby Massage
We also offer a mom/baby massage. The first half of the massage hour provides individual training so parents can learn how to safely massage their baby. After that, dad will take the baby while mom receives the rest of the hour massage. A wonderful treat for any new mom!
Benefits of Pre/postnatal Massage:
- Reduces mental stress and anxiety
- Alleviates stress put on weight-bearing joints
- Relieves muscle cramps, spasms, and pain in the lower back, neck, legs, and hips
- Increase in blood and lymph circulation, which can reduce swelling
- Improves outcome of labor and eases labor pain
- Works to relieve tension aiding in overall better sleep
- Relieves shoulders and neck pain resulting form carrying/breastfeeding a baby
- Helps to restore the uterus to its original state
- Reduces fluid retention
- Reduces stress hormones
- Supports healthy lactation