Pregnancy hormones can wreak havoc and cause breakouts on your face, back and elsewhere. In fact, more than half of pregnant women struggle with acne while pregnant. Acne during pregnancy varies in duration and severity for each woman; some women may notice that their skin actually clears up during pregnancy while others who have had a clear complexion prior to pregnancy may suddenly find themselves battling acne.
Things to Try:
- Drink plenty of water which helps to flush out toxins
- Switch your moisturizer to coconut oil – its antifungal and antibacterial properties do wonders for skin
- Wash with a mild cleanser, preferably one that is fragrance free
- Avoid wearing make up when you can or switch to oil-free products
- Do not pick or squeeze acne – doing so could cause scarring
- Reduce foods containing refined sugar or white flour